Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Purge...

I've been letting unhealth, lies, and negativity inhabit my heart and mind rent-free and frankly, I can't afford it!

Although a little unorthodox, I'm going to PURGE all the EVILS that have infested my thoughts...replaying over and over and over again.

THE BAD STUFF:

I am unloveable.

I am damaged goods.

I will never conquer my depression.

'Happiness' and/or 'joy' aren't in the cards for me.

I ruin all that I touch.

I constantly fall short.

I'll never amount to anything.

People wil eventually give up on me...decide I'm too much work.

I'm wasting precious time.

I'm TOO MUCH and NOT ENOUGH all at once!

I can't be fixed.

I'm just plain mean...

I'll NEVER be pretty enough. I just don't measure up...

I'm a lousy daughter, sister, friend, roommate, etc.

I'm selfish, spoiled, undeserving, and ungrateful.

I'm manipulative.

I should have gone to college.

I'm stuck...stagnant.

I'm lazy.

I'm not 'useable'...

I'm tolerated--not desired.

People will leave...relationships will end.

Somehow...I've contributed to my family's brokenness...will we ever be truly 'whole'?

Product of a broken family = future broken marriage. Terrified...

WOW...that felt good. I'm so glad I have JESUS!!! Otherwise, I couldn't survive!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Jac.

You mean SO much to me...

Loves.
Al

Valerie said...

I
Love
You.

Diana said...

Wow, I have so thought each and every one of those things about myself before, and unfortunately several of them still crop up now and then. We should get together sometime for coffee or something. Thanks for being so open and vulnerable, I really admire that.

Diana Johnson
http://DianasaurDishes.com

kim said...

shocking, how those exact same thoughts dog me, and when I am exhausted from business, these damaging thoughts can draw me into isolation. Satan is the master at whispering unworthiness into our ears. We must intercept these statements, and replace them with God's opinion of us! He will do the healing and cleansing without the guilt and shame of the enemy, whose mission is to rob us of joy and keep us ineffective and defeated. I LOVE YOU, sweetheart, and am praying for you to kick butt!