Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Major Oops...

True character is revealed in circumstances where surveillance and scrutiny are perceived absent.

Does an 'audience' influence my decisions...dictate whether or not I choose Christ over my flesh??? In other words, who AM I when I think backs are turned? And as twisted as this sounds, who AM I even when it’s ‘safe’ to sin?

Unfortunately, I'M HUMAN. 'Screwing up' is an inherent strand woven in my spiritual DNA.

This morning can surely attest to that.

I’ve had moments today where I physically close my eyes and shake my head in disappointment. I’m sitting here at my desk restless…uncomfortable in my sinful skin...as if I were wearing an itchy sweater.

Without going into too much detail:

I REHEARSED a lie and carried it out.
I SWORE like a sailor.
The original ‘lil’ lie has since grown and I fear that I will have to MAINTAIN it…
Worst of all, I involved someone else in my sin!

I STRATEGICALLY CHOSE sin to save face.

For Pete’s sake…

I was put to the test and failed miserably!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sweetheart, you have such an amazing writing gift. Yes, you are human, flawed like the rest of us. Praise God, He is in the repair business. We can fall flat on our faces before Him, broken and humbled. He takes our face in His hands, forgives us and affirms us to get back up, and not allow the enemy of our soul to distort His amazing love with shame. I love you, babe.
mom