'Memory' is a tricky tricky notion...
Time after time, I get lost trying to conceptualize what I inherently know is WAY OVER MY HEAD. Inevitably, I arrive at the same sobering 'put-you-in-your-place' conclusion: memory is just ONE of the innumerable designs conjured by a mysterious and AWESOME Creator. It is uncomprehensible. Textbooks offer limited physical explanation (I'm not ignorant to man's anatomical discoveries); however, I'm personally drawn towards spiritual interpretation.
Serving as both a powerful aide and a debilitating hindrance, memory has the propensity to trigger a vast range of emotions and responses. My heart, mind, and soul bubbles over with memories of all 'shapes and sizes'...'colors and textures'...some more pleasant than others, but vividly preserved nonetheless. There are those I fear will slowly be lost and those I wish would hurry up and GET lost!
Were my memory on trial, I would defensively argue that it was solid and sound. I have a tendency to store useless information, seemingly unimportant events, names and faces of those I've briefly encountered, minute details of past PAST conversations, etc. HOWEVER, were my 'spiritual' memory audited, I would undoubtedly get sentenced to what I deserve...ultimate separation from GRACE and MERCY. Disappointments, miniscule or life-changing, goad my inherited sin-gene to scapegoat God...
It never ceases to amaze me how quick I am to forget God's goodness, yet how even quicker HE is to forgive.
It's EASY to hit smooth pitches out of the park...it's those darn curve balls that seem to keep striking me out. :/
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am continually amazed at the way you are able to express yourself with words. It's beautiful.
Kudos to you friend. :)
Loves.
Maybe you need to shake your rump more when gearing up to hit those curve balls?
your writing is just plain amazing...I vote you pursue writing as a career. Seriously.
Thank you for sharing, sweetheart. You rock!
Post a Comment